Saturday, December 15, 2012

Restaurant Week: Salt Grill & Sky Bar


After hearing many good things from my friends, I couldnt pass up the opportunity of dining at Salt Grill & Sky Bar at this year's restaurant week

Perched on top of Ion Orchard, Salt boosts an impressive view. Makes for a great lunch time meal; entrance to the restaurant was via a semi-private lift lobby which for some reason was really dark and mystifying ( I wonder if its symbolic of the dark sky or something) 


Started off with warm crusty bread, warm bread almost always signals the start of a good meal. 



The sydney crab omelette with miso mustard broth. A very good appetizer, the broth emphasized the delicate sweetness of the fresh crab meat. And lets be real, everyone loves a good omelette.




Grilled Spatchcock with parsnip puree 
Took a bite from my friend's dish, the spatchcock was very tender and sweet. 




Red wine poached barramundi with cauliflower puree
Yet another delicate dish, my fish was fresh though a tad overcooked. The cauliflower was melt-in-your-mouth awesome.


Dessert was a duo of sorbet - rock melon and raspberry. I understand that because this was a lunch menu, it was meant to be light but I couldnt help but feel disappointed. The rock melon was sweet and delightful though the raspberry a tad too sour for my taste. But I cant take sour stuff so dont trust me on this.


Best thing about Salt is the service. Warm and friendly without being too intrusive. Our orders got slightly mixed up and was late for about 5 mins, no biggie but the waiters were so apologetic about it (even offering more bread/ heating up the other mains), great service is rare in Singapore so I feel that it should be called out as often as possible.

Salt Grill and Sky Bar
2 Orchard Turn, Ion Orchard, lvl 55,56.

No comments:

Post a Comment