Monday, June 16, 2014

Wooloomooloo Steakhouse


Came down to Wooloomooloo for restaurant week and wow, no regrets. You may know that I have had several ho-hum or bad experience with Restaurant week, with the exception of this place. I am glad that I have found another worthy contender for 'best restaurant week meal'


Menu. We went with the crab tower and steak (duh). I must say I had my doubts when walking in because how good can steak be if it costs only $55 (and part of a set meal)? 


Piping hot onion bread which tasted heavenly with the butter. We wolfed this down in no time 



Very generous crab tower stack (all crab!) that was sweet and delicious. Paired perfectly with crunchy asparagus over tangy hollandaise sauce. The sauce was great, now I am tempted to come down for brunch. 




Filet mignon with roasted potato. No there wasn't just one potato wedge, the rest were hidden under the steak. I was surprised that we got a substantial chunk of meat. The steak was great, well cooked and seasoned.  Though we were told that for restaurant week, portions were smaller than usual - perhaps they can consider introducing these portions (at this price) as a regular item. Much more palatable. 





Wooloomooloo graciously allowed us to "upgrade" one of our desserts to their chocolate lava cake. One of the better lava cakes around, dense and rich and altogether too much for me (yes I am too old to eat that much chocolate).

We had a very lovely evening with excellent service. One of the best overall meal I had this year (Restaurant week or not) , in terms of service, ambience and food. 



2 Stamford Road, Level 3, 
SwissĂ´tel the Stamford,
Singapore 178882

No comments:

Post a Comment