Friday, January 17, 2014

Hua Ting

Sometimes you just crave for some good Cantonese food.
Hua Ting manages to balance the traditional opulence of chinese cuisine with some quirky modern touches (cue artichokes as table decorative) 



The peking duck was not too bad but I dont think I will ever find any as good as Imperial Treasure's super peking duck at Paragon

Green beans with crispy golden mushrooms, I never had them like that before but oh so good! And surprisingly not oily at all, somebody should sell these as a snack.

The obligatory bean curd dish


Signature ribs - so melt-in-your-mouth tender. Delicious. 
(You know the ribs will be good at Chinese restaurants when they serve it on individual plates)

We headed down to watch Broadway Beng (yes this entry is that old) after and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I thought all the dialect jokes will just fly over my head but Sebastian Tan manages to pull off an extremely entertaining performance that Singaporeans of all ages, races and backgrounds can enjoy. Sometimes theatre breaks boundaries and that is just the beauty of it.



Hua Ting
Level 2 Orchard Hotel 422
Orchard Road



No comments:

Post a Comment