Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Restaurant Week - Il Lido


Il Lido is a really beautiful restaurant perched on the shoulders of Sentosa overlooking the sea and the nice green golf course. Headed down for lunch on a week end and it was surprisingly empty; Il Lido is a star restaurant on diningcity (i.e. lunch is $45++)



Bread roll with balsamic, pretty boring. 


 Amuse bouche was an interesting cold cantoloupe soup. I found it a bit too sweet and the soup came off like a dessert. Would have prefer more acidity or spice. 


Wild prawn salad with artichoke cream was delicate and fresh. Nicely done.


Crab Cappelletti - best dish of the meal. The pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly, well paired with the sweet morsels of crab meat. If only I had a full serving of this. 




Pan Roasted Wild Snapper was presented beautifully. Everything was done competently but I found the dish quite boring. 


Tiramisu for dessert. Unfortunately not great, I like my tiramisu with a kick and this was nothing more than a mere nudge (and probably in the wrong direction).

This is my 4th restaurant week and I am starting to feel fatigue - it seems like deals might not be as great as it seems. Next restaurant weeks, I think I might just stick to places I know are winners 


Il Lido
27 Bukit Manis Road (Sentosa Golf Club)
099892 Singapore



No comments:

Post a Comment