Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tim Ho Wan


So we waited a good 6 months for the hype to die down before daring to venture anywhere near this place.  Good thing too cos we only have to queue for less than 10 mins.  Tim Ho Wan is definitely not a place for big family/friends gathering (which is how I like to eat my dim sum), more of a hey the queue is short lets eat here kind of place.

Honestly, I thought it was over-rated. Some items were good, some average and nothing was really life-changing. Imperial Treasure  (specifically the super peking duck brunch) still remains my top dim sum place in Singapore. 






Of the 4 heavenly kings, I thought the carrot cake was the worst. Not much taste nor texture.




With the Malay cake faring the best. Granted I dont typically order this but Tim Ho Wan's version was very soft and moist. Just the right amount of sweetness too.


And lastly the baked bbq pork buns. This was good too, I love the crispy crust that blended in with the sweetness of the meat. Unfortunately I had to compare this with the awesome polo buns served at Carlton's Wah Lok and the latter was a superior version.




68 Orchard Road 
Plaza Singapura
#01-29A
Singapore 238839




No comments:

Post a Comment