Saturday, June 1, 2013

Restaurant Week: Absinthe



I think I just started a new tradition for Restaurant Week - Pick one I never tried before and then pick Bistro Du Vin.  The most recent one, my "new" pick was Absinthe - I am always walking past the quaint little shophouse so this was the chance to try it. 

Prawn and avocado salad with sweet chilli and lime dressing. I am a big believer in putting avocado on everything so this dish went down smoothly with me. 


duck and pistacho terrine - salty and erm spam-like. 



Sea bream, potatoes and a parsley emulsion - The fish was nothing fantastic, decently cooked. I can never understand the appeal of foam on your food. It is not aesthetically pleasing and my tastebuds are not discerning enough to actually identify what its supposed to be.



Best dish of the meal - Lemon Meringue tart. I love lemony deserts and this was wonderfully tart (yes I went there) with a buttery flaky crust.

Overall, service and food were decent but not impressive. Portions were tiny, probably due to Restaurant week prices (which defeats the whole purpose of course)


Absinthe
72 Boat Quay
6222 9068









No comments:

Post a Comment