Saturday, January 31, 2015

Teppei Japanese Restaurant

I am too lazy a person to try to get a reservation with Teppei so when my friend offered me a seat when someone in her party couldn't make it, I immediately jumped on the chance.

Soo a 4 month in advance reservation is necessary to eat here. Big question here is - is it worth the wait?  So $80+++ for 20+ dishes sounds like a darn good deal, and at the end of the meal I thought it was but given the amount of effort needed to eat here, it was not worth the wait.

20+ dishes may sound like a lot but most of it was just bite sized items, like erm a grilled ginkgo nut and erm a smoked pickle

Here were some of my favourite items

image

Sashimi platter, fresh and quite a large amount for what we paid. Although the presentation was quite sloppy but I guess it added to that homey charm of teppei 


image

My favorite item - negitoro handroll with tempura bits. Each bite was a mix of crunch and soft delicious tuna.  This got me on a tuna handroll craze where I started ordering this at every Japanese restaurant lol


image

Uni and scallop over rice. Give me more of that! 


image

Not a favorite but one of the more interesting items. Fried grasshopper, looks scary but tasted just like deep fried nothing. 



image

image

mmmm beef! The chef made all of us take photo of the raw beef haha, looks so good, I wish I had the whole try to myself.  The grilled beef was tender and very tasty - can I have this over a bowl of rice pls?



image


Another unusual dish - fried rooster crown. Again, tasted like deep fried nothing lol, really a dish of entertainment value than anything else

image

Lastly, your choice of sashimi rice or soba noodle. I will choose sashimi rice anytime - uni, tuna, swordfish mmm  

image

The noodle dish was decent but why would you choose this over sashimi

Overall, it was a fun experience dining at Teppei and I got to try a few weird items which I guess its all part of the omakase experience. That say, except for a few nice items, the rest of the dishes were pretty boring/average. Verdict - try once enough already.



#01-18, Orchid Hotel
1 Tras Link
6222 7363


No comments:

Post a Comment